General Surgeons in London
Are you looking for general surgeons in London? Our Dottore London medical centre is for you.
If you think you need medical advice do not delay to contact us. If you have doubts about what the sphere of competence of this specialist is, we will briefly explain to you what his field of action is and how you can contact us to book an appointment.
What is General Surgery?
General surgery is a branch of surgery that deals with surgical interventions on organs of the abdominal cavity such as intestine, esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, billary ducts.
Other areas of work of general surgery are thyroid, hernias, vasectomy, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, breast.
The term “general” should therefore not be confusing, the general surgeon does not deal with all surgeries.
What does the General Surgeon do?
The general surgeon is therefore a surgeon specializing in surgical interventions on organs and problems described above with the aim of solving the pathologies on which he intervenes.
Due to the number of organs that can be treated by this specialist, there are many pathologies on which he intervenes.
Here are some of the services offered by the general surgeon and some of the pathologies treated.
General surgeon services:
- ultrasound scans and radiological investigations
- Endoscopies, including full colonoscopy and gastroscopy
- Surgical procedures and interventions
General surgeon pathologies:
- inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) including management for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- neoplasms and cancers: GI tract, organs of the abdominal cavity, breast, thyroid.
- pelvic Floor diseases
- cysts and lipomas
- inguinal hernias
- abdominal hernias
- abdominal pain and appendicitis
- gallbladder pathologies including gallstones and acute cholecystitis
- faecal incontinence, obstructed defecation syndrome and constipation
- proctology including treatment for haemorrhoids and anal fissure
When to ask for an appointment with the General Surgeon?
It is good to request an appointment with the general surgeon in these situations:
- when the general practitioner prescribes it;
- when you feel discomfort (among those described in the previous paragraphs);
- when it is necessary to monitor the post-operative course.
- First consultation: £200
- Follow-up: £160
- First consultation + proctoscopy: £250
- First consultation + sigmoidoscopy: £280