Oncologists in London
An oncologist deals with the treatment of tumors.
Are you looking for oncologists in London? Our Dottore London medical centre puts at your disposal specialists in oncology.
If you think you need medical advice in this area, don’t hesitate to contact us. If you don’t know what the field of expertise of a oncologist is, we’ll briefly show you what a oncologist does and how you can ask for information about your state of health.
What does an oncologist do?
As we said, an oncologist deals with the treatment of tumors.
After the diagnosis, in which the stage of the tumor is highlighted, the oncologist presents the patient a list of possibilities for treatment, then proposing the solution he considers to be the best one.
An oncologist, through chemotherapy and other therapies, tries to treat the patient without surgery.
For this reason, many times, the oncologist works together with a surgeon with a specialization in tumors and a professional in radiation therapy.
An oncologist is a doctor expert in:
- pathophysiology of tumors;
- diagnostic techniques;
- planning of anticancer therapies;
- can be an expert in chemotherapy (medical oncologist);
- can be an expert in surgery (surgical oncologist);
- can be an expert in radiotherapy (radiotherapy oncologist).
An oncologist can be faced with all types of tumors and not only:
- cancer (oral, colon, liver, pancreas, lungs, prostate, kidney, breast, stomach, testicles, uterus);
The oncologist’s task is also to establish a strong relationship with the patient. He must precisely explain the outcome, share all the available options and related side effects, but above all he must provide psychological assistance to the patient.
Our italian oncologists in London are italian mother tongue and they can speak english at the best professional level.
- General oncology consultation
- Cancer screening consultation
- First consultation: £200
- Follow up: £160