Midwives in London
Are you pregnant and are you looking for midwives in London? Our Dottore London medical centre is for you. Midwives are professionals who do an ancient and important job.
In fact, experts in the field of obstetrics use their skills before, during, and after childbirth. Especially in the weeks before and after the birth of the baby, midwives offer advice to mothers.
We’ll briefly show you what midwives do, what kind of services are provided by our medical centre, and how you can contact us.
What do midwives do?
Midwives‘s duty is to support future mothers during the nine-month period of pregnancy. Also, midwives are present during labor, at the time of delivery, and in the postpartum period.
They are professionals who need to have both technical and interpersonal skills. In fact, midwives not only collaborate with the gynaecologist during childbirth, but also act as a consultant of the future mothers. Building up a relationship of trust with them is part of midwives’s job.
Midwives are who hold pre-partum courses and offer their support during the breastfeeding of the newborn. They also clear up any confusion a mother may have about her child’s needs. For these reasons, midwives are a point of reference for new mothers.
Our italian midwives in London are italian mother tongue and they can speak english at the best professional level.
Services offered before and after delivery
- Prenatal consultations in both low and high risk pregnancies
- Vaginal swab for group B streptococcus infection
- Home or clinic consultations after delivery (postnatal check)
- Consultation for feeding support (either breastfeeding or formula, or both)
- Consultation for weaning
- First consultation £140
- Follow up £100
- Home consultation (zone 1 & 2) £180
- Home follow up (zone 1 & 2) £140
- Home consultation (zone 3) £190
- Home follow up (zone 3) £150