Haematologists in London
Are you looking for haematologists in London? Our Dottore London medical centre puts at your disposal specialists in haematology.
If you think you need medical advice in this area, don’t hesitate to contact us. If you don’t know what the field of expertise of a haematologist is, we’ll briefly show you what a haematologist does and how you can ask for information about your state of health.
What does a haematologist do?
A haematologist is a doctor that specializes in the prevention and treatment of blood disease. Also, this specialist deals with the diseases related to the organs involved in the production of blood: the so-called haematopoietic organs. Those organs produce red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets.
What does a haematologist do? During a medical examination lasting about 30 minutes, the specialist examines the patients’s blood tests and visits them.
Here below are listed some of the diseases a haematologist deals with:
- oncological diseases: leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma
- thombosis: thrombus formation, inside the blood vessels, which hinder normal blood circulation
- hemorrhagic diseases such as hemophilia (defect in blood clotting)
- anemia: low red blood cells
- polycythemia: high red blood cells
- leukocytosis: high white blood cells
- neutropenia: low number of neutrophils (a type of white blood cells)
- myelodysplastic syndromes: damage to one of the stem cells present in the bone marrow
- thrombocytopenia: deficiency of platelets in the blood
Our italian haematologists in London are italian mother tongue and they can speak english at the best professional level.
- Assessment and treatment of all most common haematology disorders
- First consultation: £180
- Follow up: £150
- Online consultation: £150