Thoracic Surgeons in London
Are you looking for thoracic surgeons in London? Our Dottore London medical centre is for you.
If you think you need medical advice do not delay to contact us. If you have doubts about what the sphere of competence of this specialist is, we will briefly explain to you what his field of action is and how you can contact us to book an appointment.
What is thoracic surgery?
Thoracic surgery is a branch of surgery that deals with surgery on organs and structures found in the thoracic cavity.
It differs from cardiac surgery because thoracic surgery does not deal with diseases related to the heart, heart vessels and heart valves.
What does the thoracic surgeon do?
The thoracic surgeon is a specialized surgeon who deals with thoracic surgery and is therefore ready to operate surgically on organs and structures present in the thoracic cavity: lungs, esophagus, chest wall, mediastinum.
Diseases commonly treated by thoracic surgeons are:
- esophagus cancer
- lung cancer
- presence of deformity or swelling of the thoracic part (pectus excavatum)
- non-cardiological chest pain difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- bleeding during coughing (hemoptysis or haemophtoe)
When to ask for an appointment with the thoracic surgeon?
It is good to request an appointment with the thoracic surgeon in these situations:
- when the general practitioner prescribes it;
- when you feel chest discomfort (among those described in the previous paragraph);
- when it is necessary to monitor the post-operative course.
Our italian thoracic surgeons in London are italian mother tongue and they can speak english at the best professional level.
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of benign and malignant thoracic diseases involving
- Lung (lung cancer, infective lung diseases, benign bullous disease)
- Diaphragm (diaphragmatic palsy, hernia)
- Pleura: malignant diseases of the pleura (pleural effusion for metastatic disease, mesothelioma); benign condition (reactive pleural effusion, empyema)
- Chest wall: benign alteration of the chest wall (pectus excavatum, pectus carinatum, Poland syndrome, sternal defects)
- Mediastinum: cysts, teratomas, thymomas, thymic carcinoma, schwannomas
- Lung function tests
- First consultation: £200
- Follow-up: £160