Mr Lorenzo Garagnani MD FRCS EBHS DipHandSurg
Mr Lorenzo Garagnani is a highly specialised Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon, one of the few surgeons treating the whole spectrum of disorders of the hand and wrist both in adults and children. His main sub-specialist interests are complex wrist surgery and arthroscopy and paediatric hand surgery, in particular surgery of the congenital anomalies of the hand and upper limb.
Mr Garagnani is the joint Lead of the Hand Unit at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in London. His regular activities also include supervision of and teaching to Specialist Trainees, Hand Fellows and medical students. He is also Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine of King’s College London, and Director of the International Bone Research Association (IBRA) London Upper Limb Fellowship.
Mr Garagnani is author of numerous scientific publications that include articles and book chapters, and is regular speaker and faculty at national and international conferences and courses. He is internationally recognised for his work and research on new minimally invasive techniques that allow reduction of surgical morbidity in hand and wrist surgery.
His international roles include the following:
– President of the Pediatric Hand – International Society of Surgeons (PHISOS)
– Secretary General of the Italian Medical Society of Great Britain (IMSoGB)
– Member of the International Relations Committee of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
– Member of the International Traveling Fellows Committee of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
– Member of the Diploma Examination Committee of the European Board of Hand Surgery (EBHS) / Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH)
Mr Garagnani treats the whole spectrum of adult and paediatric hand, wrist and peripheral nerves of the upper limb disorders.
Italian and English.
Bupa, Axa PPP, Aviva, Vitality, Cigna and WPA approved doctor
Mr Garagnani is Consultant hand and wrist surgeon in London